is located in the former Suburban Lanes space, a 1950’s era bowling alley that served the Decatur and surrounding area for close to 60 years. Remodeled and renamed in early 2016, The Comet retains much of the glory of its original splendor, while adding a few new touches that reflect more modern sensibilities. Food and beverage service features from-scratch pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads and apps, excellent cocktails, and a 16 beer draught menu, as well as a host of bottled and canned beers. In addition to the original 32 lanes of bowling, The Comet features a retro game room, a birthday party room, 3 dart lanes, and a large bar. Come in to bowl, or if you just want to hang out in a great space where folks are having fun, watch a game on the TV and enjoy the offerings from bar and kitchen. The Comet also provides an ideal venue for parties or team-building events, including pre-made and customized packages (found on our website). The Comet is 21 and up from 10pm until close.
The Comet is closed, for now.
Friends, Family and Patrons,
The Comet Pub and Lanes will be closing operations for the foreseeable future to protect you, our staff and the greater population from COVID19. This is the most difficult decision we have ever made, but it is one that we feel is necessary for the common good, and to ensure our ability to eat, drink, bowl and laugh about it in the future at The Comet.
Since opening in July of 2016, we have felt blessed to be a part of the greater Decatur community, and we plan on being part of it for many years to come.
We hope that this crisis is shortened to a minimum and that is why we are doing this.
Thank you for all of your support.
ABOVE ALL…please stay healthy…listen to the experts and stay home. The welfare of our community is at stake. Be well, and take care of each other (at a safe distance). It will take many more sacrifices by each of us to get to the end of this crisis safely. We look forward to raising a glass at that time.
Thank you again.
ps If you still have a reservation or party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange refund of deposit.
Our efforts to maintain a healthy place to visit:
As we all try to cope with the corona virus situation, we’d like to let you know what we’re doing to maintain a healthy work and play space here at The Comet:
– we have installed hand sanitizer dispensers at the lanes for convenient and frequent use for all bowlers.
– we have increased our attention to continually clean and disinfect common surfaces of the restaurant, bar, and bowling lanes, using isopropyl alcohol This includes bowling balls as well as ball returns.
– we’ve reinforced the necessity of using ample spray disinfectant on rental shoes between uses.
– we have advised all staff to monitor their health for any flu-like or respiratory issues, and to seek medical attention as needed.
– we are closely monitoring latest recommendations from CDC, WHO, and National Restaurant Assoc. regarding our in-house policies relating to Covid-19.
We join with the larger community in encouraging all staff and visitors to follow CDC recommended preventative measures to help minimize spread of germs in public spaces.
Comet will open at 2:00 pm this Sunday
due to private event. Thanks for your understanding.
Tuesday = Good day to come bowl at The Comet
walk-in special only
Schedule a party or reserve lanes through our website!
Click on the Reserve A Lane Now! button below to reserve lanes (at least 4 hours ahead of time) or schedule a party (at least 2 days ahead of time). It’s easy.
Reservation prices based on hourly rates.
- Tuesday-Thursday before 5pm $2.5 game per person
- Friday before 5 pm $3 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday from 5pm until 10pm $4 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday after 10pm $3 game per person
- Saturday-Sunday before 5pm $4 game per person
- Friday-Saturday from 5pm until 10pm $5 game per person
- Friday-Saturday after 10pm $4 game per person
- Shoe rental is $4